ESTATE PLANNING OVERVIEW
Estate planning is often a key area of protecting family assets that takes a back seat. No matter what your estate size, it’s imperative to create a plan for passing on assets to beneficiaries and to minimize tax obligations.
Let us help you overcome the barriers you may have to planning your estate, and to help you through the process step-by-step. Your loved ones will appreciate the care you have taken to facilitate the process.
Estate planning on your own can be complicated and costly. And the list is endless—state taxes, bureaucracy, probate courts, unfair appraisals, health care concerns, eligibility of heirs, life insurance, IRA’s, 401K’s, annuities, burial or cremation costs, and intent regarding death-postponing treatment to name a few.
Not knowing your legal and financial rights often ends up costing you more in the end.
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers:
- Could an heir be too young to inherit?
- Should the inheritance be given at a certain age?
- Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility?
- Are there children from a previous marriage?
- Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heir?
- Are there taxes that can be avoided?
- Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
Planning what happens to your estate when you’re gone can seem frustrating and intimidating without qualified help.
You may feel that you’re too young to care about estate planning. Or, perhaps the reminder of death makes you uncomfortable.
You might be tempted to put the whole thing off, assuming that it will just take care of itself. In all cases, estate planning ends up saving your family lots of time, heartache and money.
That’s where Coastal Tax Advisors can help!
We can also help you with:
- Living Wills and Trusts
- Lifetime Family Wealth Transfers
- Family partnerships and other business relationships
- Leaving money to charities
- Preparation for estate and trust tax problems
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don’t need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process.